Sign up & join our “Walk & Talk” Webinar | StandICT.eu 2023 | Events
Description and Scope
StandICT.eu 2023 is a 36-month, EC-funded project whose most prominent goal is to tackle the need for a more harmonised ICT Standardisation landscape by achieving the following objectives:
- To provide the vital financial support for European ICT Specialists to reinforce EU presence in the international ICT Standardisation arena.
- To deliver a comprehensive ICT Standards Observatory (EUOS) that will become the central hub for the current and future generation of European ICT Standardisation experts.
- To keep nurturing a vibrant community of Standards professionals by maximising synergies with ongoing initiatives and European and national level.
The 2nd of November marked the roll-out of the StandICT.eu Fellowship Programme: a series of 10 Open Calls that will run until 2022 and provide € 3 million to support the activities of european ICT Standards specialists within Working Groups & Committees of SDOs and SSOs worldwide.
The ten calls will focus around macro-areas of the key strategic orientations of the Strategic Plan In The Horizon Europe Framework Programme. “ICT for Healthcare”, extremely relevant for 2020, has been chosen as the priority topic for the 1st Open Call, while applicants will be still able to apply for the wide range of ICT domains that form the building blocks of the Digital Single Market, as well as those included in the Rolling Plan for ICT Standardisation 2020.
This Webinar will feature European Commission representatives from the ICT Sector for Standardisation, the Coordinator and Partners of the project, and representatives from SDOs and will also provide a testimonial from the previous pilot project StandICT.eu (2018-2020).
- Clear explanation of how StandICT.eu 2023 can concretely enable a more effective representation of European standpoints and priorities in Standardisation landscape worldwide.
- Tutorial on the main features of the Open Calls.
- Presentation of the new EUOS - European Observatory for ICT Standardisation.
- The critical linkage between StandICT.eu and the current European Legislation and Policy on ICT standards.
- How StandICT.eu aims to empower the next generation of ICT experts.
- The tangible impact of StandICT.eu participants on the key-pillars of the Rolling Plan and DSM.
Who should attend
- ICT Specialists and Professionals under the main Digital Single Market domains
- Standard Developing Organisations representatives
- Members of Research Institutes working in ICT Standard Development
- Representative of National Standards Associations
15:00 - 15:10 Intro of StandICT.eu 2023 Open Calls & EUOS - Silvana Muscella
15:10 - 15:20 EC Standpoint on ICT Standardisation & Policy - Thomas Reibe
15:20 - 15:30 Importance of StandICT.eu in supporting SDOs Working Group activities - Brian McAuliffe
15:30 - 15:40 Education in Standardisation: the role of StandICT.eu 2023 - Ray Walshe
15:40 - 15:50 Learn from our past Experts - How StandICT.eu can support ICT Standards experts - Giorgio Cangioli
15:50 - 16:05 Q&A Session and Conclusions