The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives in an unprecedented way. The world as we knew it, no longer exists.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives in an unprecedented way. The world as we knew it, no longer exists. The need to provide easy access to healthcare and education services, basic income security has become more urgent than ever. On top of that, the potential of digitalization to protect and improve health and wellbeing needs to be unlocked. Working towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a collection of global goals addressing the urgent environmental, political and economic challenges facing our world, can contribute to the efforts to overcome the negative impacts of the pandemic. However, this will require many transformations, in particular mobilization of the youth, financial resources, new technology and capacity-building among others, through collaboration between enthusiasts with different backgrounds including; social sciences and ICT experts.
The HubIT project is organizing the Common Ground Camp with a primary objective to:
1. Facilitate interactive and practical collaboration between the ICT and social sciences community.
2. Generate innovative concepts and solutions related to the selected SDGs.
Attendees will have a chance to select any of the 17 SDGs and produce a solution in the 48-hour window.
The event starts on Wednesday, 27.1.2021 and ends on Friday 29.01.2021. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the Common Ground Camp will be organized as a fully online event. Selected teams of participants will have the opportunity to work together Selected teams of participants will have the opportunity to work together with the support of mentors.
An experienced, professional, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and global jury will commend/ select the three best ideas generated by the teams composed of social scientists and ICT community.
Join in and crack the challenges of today for the society of tomorrow!
Whatever your speciality - IT, design or social science- or simply if you find the topic fascinating: It is up to you in this Common Ground Camp whether you focus on individualised solutions for everyday use, to create new designs or let your imagination run wild and dream up futuristic ideas.
The selected participants will form teams of 5 and have the opportunity to:
- Co-create and test new business and research ideas;
- Receive in-depth feedback from experts and potential end-users;
- Be chosen as the top three and win prizes (1st place: 3 000 €, 2nd place: 1 500 €, 3rd place: 500 €)
Please register HERE. Participation is free of charge.
Deadline: 22 January 2021.
We will get back to you within 3 days from the deadline to let you know whether you have been selected.
Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Day 1: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
- 15:45 - 16:00 | Registrations
- 16:00 - 16:15 | Opening
- 16:15 - 16:45 | Ice-breaker by Louis Ferrini
- 16:45 - 17:30 | Contextualisation - inspirational presentations on SDGs by the mentors Romina Grosse (DE); Zdenka Havrlíková (CZ); Michal Matúš (SK); Delia Stefenel (RO) and Silke Steinberg (DE)
- 17:30 - 19:00 | Ideation and support from mentors
Day 2: Thursday, 28 January 2021
- 08:30 - 09:00 | Registrations
- 09:00 - 10:00 | Workshop: Pitch Perfect (TBD)
- 10:00 - 13:00 | Free time – Designing (teamwork)
- 13:00 - 13:30 | Expert Feedback
Day 3: Friday, 29 January 2021
- 08:30 - 09:00 | Registration
- 09:00 - 10:00 | Pitch presentations (3+2min)
- 10:00 - 10:30 | Coffee break and evaluation
- 10:30 - 11:00 | Awards and closing