This EuWoRel is very special in at least three ways.
- Firstly, it will be one of the first physical events after the pandemic lockdowns. This is THE opportunity for exchanging ideas face to face again and we will really celebrate this!
- Secondly, iRel4.0, the 100 M€ ECSEL Innovation Action has started in 2020. It is fully dedicated to the reliability methodology of electronic components and systems. Hence, EuWoRel 2021 will be able to learn about interesting first results and discuss next steps.
- Thirdly, 2021 is the first year of the new framework program HORIZON EUROPE. Urgent needs in new reliability methodologies for the electronics are given prominent attention in many drafts of the work programs for the research on Key Digital Technologies. EuWoRel 2021 will be able to provide expert inputs to be sent via EFECS to the European Commission right before the finalization of the texts for the first calls.
Therefore, we promise that the two days of EuWoRel 2021 to be most interesting and useful for you.
On the engineering side, we will again discuss the latest results in all three fields of reliability methodology, which are
- Experimental techniques:
- New stress tests & lifetime models - particulary involving power eectronics
- New failure analysis methods - deformation and stress analyses
- Simulation approaches:
- DfM & DfR by automated virtual prototyping and virtual qualification
- Metamodeling and involving artificial inteligence (AI)
- Prognostics and physical health monitoring for strengthening the functional safety
- Identification of early warning indicators & modeling of remaining useful life
- Certification of PHM implementations (involving AI) for safety related applications
- Convoluting software and hardware reliability approaches
The methods of these fields are key enablers for the products in all the leading European industries: automobile, aviation, and automation. Hence, adequate coverage of these topics in the new research framework program really is important for the future of European economy and welfare!