The Mission of Switzerland to the EU, SwissCore and the National Research Council of Italy kindly invite you to a Swiss Innovation Briefing on 'European Cybersecurity Challenges'.
The Briefing will outline how the European Commission aims to improve the EU’s cybersecurity capacity with a Cybersecurity Competence Center and by integrating cybersecurity into the upcoming European knowledge programmes. It will discuss how we can best unlock the potential of innovation in promoting security in the digital sphere and how collaborative infrastructures, partnerships, and networks can advance these goals.
The briefing will present the SPARTA cybersecurity competence network and the opportunities it offers for Swiss cybersecurity actors to participate and foster European collaboration. The briefing will also highlight the strengths and contributions of Swiss academia and the Swiss innovation ecosystem.
Speakers of the event are:
- Mission of Switzerland to the EU (speaker tbc)
- Claudia Gamon, Member of the European Parliament, Austria
- Fabio Martinelli, Partnership Director, SPARTA cybersecurity competence network
- Srdjan Capkun, Chair, Zurich Information Security and Privacy Center, Professor of Computer Science, ETH Zurich
- Lennig Pedron, Director, Trust Valley Switzerland
- Martin Übelhör, Head of Sector, Cybersecurity Industry and Innovation, DG CNECT, European Commission
Please find further information in the detailed provisional programme here.
The event will take place online and you will receive the details for joining upon registration.
To confirm your participation, please register via this link.